Android App Developer
The Stoke App is a startup from the established Stoke Brands Co. and we are ready to revolutionise the youth travel market! Created to inspire young travellers with Europe’s best trips, festivals and experiences curated just for them. Users can explore travel options, fill their bucket list, share plans with their crew, book with ease, manage bookings, and get rewarded for doing so.
Whilst The Stoke App is a startup travel tech project, supported by and intrinsically linked to our leading Youth Travel tour operator Stoke Travel.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Android developer who can demonstrate their work in creating functional, attractive applications. The ideal candidate must have the drive and ambition and be ready to help us achieve some pretty big objectives.
You will be developing a high-end Android application for the travel market and should have a strong working knowledge of the main programming languages, and be able to work as part of a team both remotely and in the office.
If you have the experience and you love the idea of working in a modern, young, fun company that pays little to no attention to traditional hierarchy and where no one day is the same. We’re building a great team, and a supportive, dynamic culture and we’d love you to be a part of it.
- Designing and building a mobile application for Google’s Android platform from scratch
- Collaborating with the development team and designers, to ensure that each app is presentable and in perfect working order
- Ensuring quality and performance of the application to specifications
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Identifying potential problems and resolving application bottlenecks
- Fixing application bugs before the final release
- Maintaining the code and atomization of the application
- Designing and implementing application updated
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Professional level English
- 2+ years experience as an app developer
- Proficiency in Kotlin, REST, Realm
- Prior experience as an android developer and demonstration of functional, attractive applications built from start to finish.
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills.
- Experience with continuous integration
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision
- Ideally have worked on projects with requirements in some of the following – e-commerce, reward programmes, GPS, user generated content/communities, travel/hospitality.
- Obsessed about TDD/BDD
- Really hate MVC and prefers MVVM/VIPER
- Know that hexagonal architecture is not what bees use to build a hive
- Know that having clean code has nothing to do with using a dirty keyboard (also we appreciate tidy developers)
- A fun character and don’t take yourself too seriously, and are comfortable in a flexible environment with no strict hierarchy
- Able to work from our Barcelona office 2 days per week
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours with opportunities for remote working based on team needs. We are challenge oriented.
- A young, international working environment with a refreshingly honest and open team
- Central Barcelona office with a spectacular terrace and great views
Please send your CV and Cover letter email@example.com