Festival Head Chef
The Stoke Travel festival chef is responsible for cooking and serving thousands of travellers at Stoke Travel festivals. The role involves overseeing the entire kitchen and its staffing. The ideal candidate has experience with feeding large groups, loves creative cooking and is able to handle the pressure of the kitchen.
Your main responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Develop and deliver a high quality, delicious and nutritious menu for our festival guests
- Provide 2 great meals per day, on time, for the Stoke Travel guests
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the festival kitchen
- Manage kitchen festival crew and delegate tasks related to meal prep, cooking and serving food to diners in a timely fashion
- Develop and maintain the schedule for kitchen festival crew
- Ordering and supplier management
- Keeping a close eye on budgets and minimising wastage
- Develop a knowledge of hygiene and fire codes at each destination and passing hygiene and fire inspections
- Ensure festival kitchen staff members follow proper sanitation procedures
- Keep festival staff fed and staff kitchen stocked.
- Maintain a positive working environment within the kitchen
- Oversee the set up and pack down of the kitchen at each festival location
- Oversee the menu and quality of food at our satellite destinations Ibiza Beach Camp & San Sebastian Surf Camp.
- 3+ years experience as a chef (preferably serving large groups of people)
- Impeccable time management and ability to manage a (often inexperienced) kitchen team
- Fluent in English
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated to food quality and control
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a constantly changing environment
You will get the chance to cook for over 2500 people at Oktoberfest.
Bonuses – based on targets hit. Your travel, food, accommodation and good times while at festivals/on-site will be taken care of.
Amazing colleagues and party vibes at camp. It’s not a job, it’s a lifestyle.
To Apply please fill in the form a below and send your:
To apply send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job applications close: August 24, 2019