Twyford Avenue Sports Ground
Twyford Ave, Acton
London W3 9QA, UK
How do I get there
- Nearest tube stations: Ealing Common (District & Piccadilly) or Acton Town (District & Piccadilly) or West Acton.
- Nearest mainline stations: Acton Central (London Overground) Ealing Broadway (First Great Western).
- Bus routes: 207, 427, and 440 all stop within a stone’s throw of the club (70 and 266 serve Acton High Street, and 607 serves Ealing Common tube, all within half a mile of the club).
If you’re coming from central London, hop onto the westbound branch of both the District Line and Piccadilly Line and head to Acton Town station.
The best exit is Gunnersbury Lane. Once out of the station turn right and head north up Gunnersbury Lane. If you’re walking, continue straight and cross over Uxbridge Road and continue north up Chatsworth Gardens.
Follow the signs to London Big Day Out.
Coming from down south or out west?
No Problem! Just jump on the Piccadilly line and head over to Ealing Common station. Turn right out of the station onto Uxbridge Rd and walk 6-8 minutes towards the corner of Uxbridge Rd and Twyford Ave and head left. Then follow the signs to London Big Day Out!
Festival Hours: 9am – 10pm
Check In Hours: 9am – 5pm
Bank Hours: 9am – 5pm (Swap your cash for vouchers here).
- Please Note: There are no pass outs (you will not be able to leave and re-enter the venue)
Visit the Travel Gurus: They’ll have some special one time offers, deals and competitions exclusive to London Big Day Out.
Be a guru (should knows)
Come and drop your kiddies off in the kids backyard between 12-4pm to get involved in some fun activities while you take a load off for a few hours. Rest assured our DBS certified staff will keep the kids occupied with the games we all enjoyed as kids. The kids can compete in a friendly competitive thong throw, volleyball, mini obstacle course, or race their friends on the slip n’ slide! Sunscreen and water will be provided, just leave a donation for our charity.
The festival is for all ages. Ages 10 and under get free admission. Under 16 must be accompanied.
You must be 18 plus to drink at any of the vendors and must have ID on you at all times.
To enter the event you MUST present your ticket for scanning. This can be hardcopy or on your phone. It is also important to note that only the lead booker will be receiving the ticket.
*If you are travelling in a group we will need the names and email addresses of everyone in your booking
If you have booked as a group but only have one ticket, you do not all have to check in at the same time. If your group members are arriving at different times just forward them the ticket, so they can use it at check in. Our ticket system will count down every time it is scanned and once everyone has arrived the ticket will no longer be valid.
Food & Drink:
No alcohol or food may be brought into Wasps rugby field. Bags will be searched on arrival. There are multiple bars onsite selling both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages all day and food stalls with a good selection of food at reasonable prices.
For those wanting to enjoy our grandma’s secret recipe Sangria, cups are available for a £1 deposit, which will be returned if the cup is taken to the bank before 8pm.
Sports teams will be permitted to bring in empty water bottles, with facilities available on site for teams to fill them up.
Note: For the plant eaters – vegan and veggies food options are: Stoke Eats tacos, Momo and vegan sausage sizzle, get in quick!
London Big Day Out has event liability insurance.
Players are not covered for personal insurance.
Teams are responsible for their own physio and First Aid.
Our ticket system for purchasing food and beverages is super simple. There will be two banks onsite where you can pay for festival vouchers with either cash or card payments (cash advised for speed). Vouchers are in quantities of £5 and all our vendors have priced their products to match this e.g. £5 for a drink, 4 beers for £15 etc.
* A few of our vendors takes cash/card not vouchers!
Note: There are no ATM’s on site, to make your lives even easier be sure to grab cash out when you jump off the tube! Will save a lot of your time at the Big Day out… which means more beers!
Press passes are available –> Contact maddie@stoketravel.
Name changes for tickets are possible, until 2 weeks before the event. Email email@example.com with names and emails of the new ticket holder.
FOOD AND DRINK VENDORS
- Grab a coffee from the New Black Team, and a brekkie pie or pastry from the bakery on site!
- Our VIP bus will serving cocktails and spirits and will be located at the top of the main field.
- The Heroica Lounge is a funky London double decker serving fresh pizza, they will have sun loungers and a perfect area on the top deck to soak up the sun.
- The Wolfpack will be hosting the Bogan Bingo buses aboard their bus who will be commentating the sports fixtures and providing entertainment while pints are served from below.
- Porkys burger joint is located near the main marquee serving juicy burgers straight from the grill
- Stoke eats has your Mexican cravings sorted with both vegan and meat tacos available
- The dairy/ milkbar will be stocked with treats from home for when everyone needs their afternoon sugar hit or grab a packet of shapes to share with your crew for the Main game.
- For the classier individuals you can also pick up your choice of NZ/Australian wine at the artisan wine tent.
- Kids Zone – Come and drop your kiddies off in the kids backyard between 12-4pm to get involved in some fun activities while you take a load off
STOKE TRAVEL’S COMMON SENSE GUIDE TO STAYING SAFE
*If at any time you feel unsafe, please don’t hesitate to contact the onsite staff.
As far as situations go, a Stoke Travel trip is amongst the safest. Unlike in the ‘real’ world, everybody here seems intent on having a good time and doing so with new and old friends – your fellow Stokies are way more likely to hold your hair back when you puke than lift your wallet.
That being so, we’re more in danger of hurting ourselves while on a Stoke Travel trip than falling foul of our fellow travellers. Here’s a quick little guide to partying safe with Stoke Travel.
- Drink plenty of water.
If you’re going to drink plenty of beer and sangria, and you’re going to have a plenty big hangover, but you can really limit it by smashing a few cups of water throughout the day and evening.
- Eat! We’re got plenty of tasty food we’ll be cooking up all throughout the day so make sure you line your stomachs.
- Don’t be a creep.
Like, seriously, has that ever worked out for you? Similarly, if you see somebody being a creep and making people uncomfortable let us know and we’ll have a friendly word to them. Sometimes they just don’t realise how gross they are.
- If you see somebody having a bad time, make sure they’re ok.
We are all brothers and sisters and gender non-specific relations out here, so if you see somebody struggling in any way check on them, grab a Stoke staff member and just do what any decent human being would do.
Staying safe at Stoke Travel is super easy, but sometimes we get a little out of control and forget the basics. If you ever find yourself in any kind of situation do not hesitate to contact Stoke staff, or security, and we’ll sort you out immediately. We’re here to help – help you have the best time possible.