Barcelona to San Sebastian Spring Weekender
We hope you’re as excited for San Sebastian Surf Camp as much as we are!
Join our San Sebastian Surf Camp Facebook Event! #stoketravel #getstoked
AN IMPORTANT NOTICE ON COVID-19 (the coronavirus): as per local government and international health body recommendations, this trip will be going ahead as normal. We do advise that all travellers follow the recommended protocols and maintain a high level of hand hygiene, avoid touching their mouths, and to stay at home if you have a fever, cough AND difficulty breathing. Let’s not panic, let’s keep on travelling, but let’s but sensible with our health, the health of our fellow travellers, and that of the greater community too.
Stoke Surf House
Address: Arrutiegia Auzoa, 26, Aia, Gipuzkoa
We’re gonna make everything super easy for you – all you have to do is get yourself to the bus station in Barcelona on Friday morning* (mas o menos), hop on a bus and we’ll be waiting for your arrival in San Sebastian.
The return bus will have you back in Barcelona by Sunday night, meaning you’ll be back for whatever job / class / hair appointment you so desperately need to be at come Monday morning.
- Hostel accommodation, including bedding
- Hot breakfast daily
- Homemade lunch daily
- Dinner every night (All dietary requirements catered for on request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Surf lessons and equipment
- Free yoga class daily
- Awesome parties
- Free WiFi
- Free access to onsite equipment including yoga mats, skim boards, skateboards, half pipe, slackline, beach games and poi balls
- Unlimited booze, open bar of beer, sangria, wine, soft drink, tea and coffee and sidra (traditional Basque cider) for your entire stay (€10/night)
- BBQ in the forest and at the house
- Guided hiking with wine and cheese at the top of the mountain with amazing views
- Just normal wine and cheese events not involving lots of exercise
- Sporting competitions such as rugby, Oztag, touch, surf comps, basketball, handball
- Day trips to Biarritz, Hossegor, Mundaka, Game of Thrones locations Zumaia and Bakio
- Horse riding through the national park
- Sidra House dinners (Unlimited cider and 4 course basque dinner in great old traditional house in the hills behind San Sebastian)
- San Sebastian Pintxos tours
- San Sebastián Pub crawl
- Photo packages
- Winery tour
- Cliff jumping
- Private surf lessons (€20)
- San Sebastian is world renowned for it’s pintxo bars, fine wine and banging cuisine. Make sure you stick around long enough to head in and experience them for yourself!
- Please send your first and last name and passport details to email@example.com one week prior to the trip due to tourist laws.
- And don’t forget to pack your best party shirt!
Be A Guru (Should knows):
- Unlimited beer and sangria (€10/day)
- We can cater for dietary requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Shared kitchenette
- Shared toilets
- Shared bathrooms
- Dorm style accommodation (bedding included)
- Indoor bar
- Huge shared indoor communal area for family meals
- Outside dining area
- Terrace with killer views over the valley and down to the beach
- Washing machine
- Half pipe for shredding
We are living through a health epidemic, and while it isn’t of any particular danger to us, the greater community can really benefit from us being sensible. Wash your hands, cough into your elbow, avoid touching your face, and don’t stop living your normal life unless the local authorities, or health specialists, advise you to do so. And if you come down with a cough, fever AND shortness of breath stay home, call the hospital, and await further instructions.
What to Bring:
Warm clothes (it can get a bit chilly at night)
- A rain jacket (just incase we’re treated to a Basque rainstorm)
- A hat, because sun safety never sleeps
- A re-usable water bottle to fill and take to the beach
- Appropriate shoes for hiking if that takes your fancy
- A positive attitude
This itinerary is meant to be just a guide, not a set in stone, to the minute, school camp itinerary. This is what your day may look like at the San Sebastian Surf Camp – depending on the waves, weather, your wants and needs. There’s always something for you to do, but it’s your holiday so feel free to lay on the beach, have a beer, or go on an adventure with your new surf mates instead.
Wake up to a homely, cooked breakfast down in our chill-out area and exchange stories from last night’s antics, read the surf report and get excited to head out into the waves. Jump in our surf bus and enjoy the ride down through the national park to the beach, grab your board and either scout out the best banks on the beach, or head into your lesson with one of our surf instructors.
When you’re all surfed out, we’ll either have lunch in the sunshine at the beach together, or head back up to the house for a hot lunch and a cold sangria. If you’re feeling bendy, join a yoga class on our yoga deck, or maybe you want to head out hiking through the Basque hills that our surf house backs onto. You can choose to go into town and explore, join in on a Spanish Class, head back down to the beach for another surf, or just relax! In the afternoon you will most likely find yourself hanging out at the house watching the sun go down over a few drinks, sharing stories or becoming lord of the ping pong table.
If you’re the sensible type, you can get in a good night’s sleep and be up bright and early for sunset yoga and breathtaking views out over the valley. If some more drinks, music and exploring sound more like you, then either join us on a pintxos tour in Zarautz or San Sebastian, a trip to a traditional Basque cider house or maybe even one of the many festivals that may be on during your stay.