Surf & Learn Spanish
We hope you’re as excited for San Sebastian Surf Camp as much as we are!
Join our San Sebastian Surf Camp Facebook Event! #stoketravel #getstoked
AN IMPORTANT NOTICE ON COVID-19 (the coronavirus): as per local government and international health body recommendations, this trip will be going ahead as normal. We do advise that all travellers follow the recommended protocols and maintain a high level of hand hygiene, avoid touching their mouths, and to stay at home if you have a fever, cough AND difficulty breathing. Let’s not panic, let’s keep on travelling, but let’s but sensible with our health, the health of our fellow travellers, and that of the greater community too.
Stoke Surf House
Address: Arrutiegia Auzoa, 26, Aia, Gipuzkoa
We provide free transfers from SAN PELAIO train station in Zarautz at 9:00am, 1:00 pm and 7:00pm.
It’s important to let us know which one you’d like to jump on ahead of time! Make sure to add on a transfer when booking. If you haven’t booked one yet, please make sure you get in touch with us to do so at least 24 hours prior to your arrival. If you are unable to make the last 7pm free transfer, or would like a pick up outside of the free pick up times, please call or email us to request a pick up for an extra charge.
Phone: +34 661 713 683
HOW TO GET THERE
Check Omio for the best deals on flights, buses and trains.
If you fly to Bilbao:
Buses leave every half hour from Bilbao Airport to Zarautz (San Pelaio bus station). Here’s a link to where you can pre-purchase tickets from the airport to Zarautz, or you can buy them from the driver at the airport. Make sure to tell the driver that’s where you want to get off. Then jump on your pre-arranged pickup from there, right at the roundabout!
If you fly into Biarritz:
The best way to get to Surf Camp from Biarritz International Airport is to take a French SNCF train to Hendaye, change to the nearby Euskotren station (located just outside the SNCF station) and take a Euskotren to San Pelaio, Zarautz for your pickup. Each train ride is between 30-40 minutes, with the total train trip costing less than €10.
If you fly into San Sebastian:
The best way to get to camp from San Sebastian airport is to take bus e21 or e23 bus from the airport to San Sebastian which run about every 30 minutes. Get off at the Amara bus stop. From here cross the road and jump on the Euskotren towards Zumaia or Matiko Bilbao. CLICK HERE for a map. Get off at Zarautz San Pelaio station and jump on your pre-arranged pickup.
If you arrive in San Sebastian by train:
RENFE TRAIN – The train station in the centre of San Sebastián is the “Estación del Norte.” If you arrive here (by RENFE Train), cross the road and jump on the Euskotren towards Zumaia or Matiko Bilbao. CLICK HERE for a map. Get off at San Pelaio station in Zarautz and jump on your pre-arranged pickup.
EUSKOTREN – There is also an underground railway, the Metro Donostialdea, this service also links to Hendaye (France) and the SNCF, French rail service, with Lasarte passing through Donostia. You can catch this train to San Pelaio in Zarautz straight from Bilbao, where you can jump on your pre-arranged pickup.
If you arrive in San Sebastian by bus:
If you arrive by bus in San Sebastian, cross the road and jump on the Euskotren towards Zumaia or Matiko Bilbao. CLICK HERE for a map. Get off at Zarautz San Pelaio station and jump on your pre-arranged pickup.
- Transfers to and from San Pelaio station in Zarautz to the Surf House at 9AM, 1PM and 7PM. If you’re arriving outside those travel times, let us know so we can arrange to come and pick you up for a small charge. If you haven’t already arranged your pick- up, get in touch with email@example.com ASAP.
- San Sebastian is world renowned for it’s pintxo bars, fine wine and banging cuisine. Make sure you stick around long enough to head in and experience them for yourself!
- Please send your first and last name and passport details to firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to the trip due to tourist laws.
- And don’t forget to pack your best party shirt!
Be A Guru (Should knows):
- Unlimited beer and sangria (€10/day)
- We can cater for dietary requirements, please email email@example.com to let us know.
- Shared kitchenette
- Shared toilets
- Shared bathrooms
- Dorm style accommodation (bedding included)
- Indoor bar
- Huge shared indoor communal area for family meals
- Outside dining area
- Terrace with killer views over the valley and down to the beach
- Washing machine
- Half pipe for shredding
We are living through a health epidemic, and while it isn’t of any particular danger to us, the greater community can really benefit from us being sensible. Wash your hands, cough into your elbow, avoid touching your face, and don’t stop living your normal life unless the local authorities, or health specialists, advise you to do so. And if you come down with a cough, fever AND shortness of breath stay home, call the hospital, and await further instructions.
What to Bring:
Warm clothes (it can get a bit chilly at night)
- A rain jacket (just incase we’re treated to a Basque rainstorm)
- A hat, because sun safety never sleeps
- A re-usable water bottle to fill and take to the beach
- Appropriate shoes for hiking if that takes your fancy
- A positive attitude
7 days and nights of non-stop partying, dancing, firework dodging and sangria drinking alongside some of the most delightful creatures Bayonne and San Sebastian has to offer.
- Stoke surf house dorm accommodation (bedding included)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner included daily (all dietary requirements)
- Daily pickups to and from Zarautz
- Daily 2 hour surf lessons with wetsuit and board included
- Experienced surf guides and transfers to local beach break
- Local activities and party nights
- Daily yoga class with qualified instructor
- Access to all our awesome equipment inc yoga mats, skimboards, skateboards, half pipe, slackline, beach games and poi balls
- Free unlimited booze, open bar of beer, sangria, wine, soft drink, tea, coffee and traditional Basque sidra for your entire stay
- 2 professional surf photos
- Surf theory lesson – Get the upper hand with some extra surf knowledge
- 2 return transfers with Stoke Travel party guides to Bayonne to celebrate Fetes de Bayonne
- 1 return transfer to San Sebastian with Stoke Travel party guides to enjoy San Sebastian Jazz Festival