WE hope you’re getting as excited for superbowl sunday as we are!
MAPS AND DIRECTIONS
Head upstairs to the back bar to check in.
- Access to Superbowl viewing party at the George Payne Irish Bar
- Late lock in (George Payne Doors will lock at half time and only you guys can stay and continue drinking and watching until the end)
- Private upstairs area
- Private open beer bar from 9pm-10:30pm (Check in from 8pm)
- All-night drink deals
BE A GURU (SHOULD KNOW’S)
Check in is from 8pm from the upstairs back room in The George Payne, Plaza Urquinaona
Check-in early if you want to be set up in time for the free bar
- Make sure you pick up your Stoke Cup and keep it with you for the open bar
- VIP lock in is included, that means that at normal bar kick out time (around half time), the doors will be closed, but as our VIP guests you are allowed to stay. Just know that if you do leave then there’s no getting back in!
Only lead bookers will receive a ticket by email. If someone else has booked for you, make sure to check in with them.
As far as situations go, a Stoke Travel trip is amongst the safest. Unlike in the ‘real’ world, everybody here seems intent on having a good time and doing so with new and old friends – your fellow Stokies are way more likely to hold your hair back when you puke than lift your wallet.
That being so, we’re more in danger of hurting ourselves while on a Stoke Travel trip than falling foul of our fellow travellers. Here’s a quick little guide to partying safe with Stoke Travel.
- Drink plenty of water – If you’re going to drink plenty of beer and sangria, and you’re going to have a plenty big hangover, but you can really limit it by smashing a few cups of water throughout the day and evening.
- Eat – Make sure your stomachs are adequately lined for the night ahead, trust us, you’ll need it!
- Don’t be a creep – Like, seriously, has that ever worked out for you? Similarly, if you see somebody being a creep and making people uncomfortable let us know and we’ll have a friendly word to them. Sometimes they just don’t realise how gross they’re being.
- If you see somebody having a bad time, make sure they’re ok – We are all brothers and sisters and gender non-specific relations out here, so if you see somebody struggling in any way check on them, grab a Stoke staff member and just do what any decent human being would do.
- Watch your belongings, or only bring what you really need – It’s no secret that Spain doesn’t have the best reputation when it comes to pick-pockets. The streets are packed and it’s easy for people to reach into the pocket of a drunk traveller and take their phone or wallet with them. If you’re smart about it, you’ll be fine. Keep your wits about you and keep your valuables close at all times. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
- Save the drop-off location in your phone – It’s easy to forget where you’re going after a few too many beers, especially in a new town. Pin-drop the location to make sure you don’t get lost or left behind.
- If you can, stick with a buddy or a group – There is safety in numbers and that’s what we like. If you’re coming alone, make some new friends or stick with the Stoke staff for a good time.
Staying safe at Stoke Travel is super easy, but sometimes we get a little out of control and forget the basics. If you ever find yourself in any kind of situation do not hesitate to contact Stoke staff, and we’ll sort you out immediately. We’re here to help – help you have the best time possible.
- 8pm: Check in opens. Meet us UPSTAIRS at the George Payne in Plaza Urquinaona. 2 Minutes walk from the nearest Metro Plaza Urquinaona.
- 9pm-10:30pm: Pre-game private open beer and sangria bar upstairs. Note you must have already checked in and picked up your wristband and reusable Stoke Cup to claim drinks at the bar, so remember to check in early
- 10:45-11:59pm: Stoke games, competitions and prizes
- 00:00: Lets get ready to watch the game
- Halftime: Doors will close so make sure if you are staying for the lock-in that you are inside.