Further cementing their status as the flyest playas in the game, Stoke Travel have upped the stakes by improving on their already amazing hot breakfasts, and offering travellers bottomless brunches…
How to get tomato seeds out of every orifice
You’ve just participated in La Tomatina, the biggest food fight in the world. You swear to god you’ll (probably) never look at gazpacho the same way. You’re covered in to-ma-to from your head to-ya-toes. You smell like a B.O.-ey Heinz factory and you’re genuinely wondering if a rogue tomato seed up the stink hole could sprout a vine in the small intestine. So you’re going to have to get those seeds out somehow… and this is no easy task. If you’re confused as to just how you should clean those cheeky bastards out of your cheekies (and everywhere else), be confused no more. This comprehensive list gives you instructions on how to obtain that cleanliness you so desperately desire , post-La Tomatina.
- Seeing holes – if you were damn stupid enough not to purchase a cheapo set of seeing hole protectors from a street vendor, this step is going to be very important. Buy The Lion King (or download it, you damn pirates). Also, buy a kilo of onions. Put face very close to onions and chop them whilst watching the scene where Simba finds Mufasa after the stampede. Release the wildebeest, release the tears, release the seeds.
- Hearing holes – take a piece of celery. Dip said piece of celery in vodka and insert into ear canal. And wham, bam, thank you ma’am: clean ears and an organic-ish bloody mary.
- Breathing holes – head straight Stoke’s San Sebastian surf camp after the festival. Attempt to tackle waves far beyond your ability and wipe out as many times as your already bruised body can take. Enjoy tap (and tomato) nose all over any surface you sit near for at least two days despues.
- Food hole – Take nearest beer bong, fill it with liquor and chug. Guaranteed to leave you bacteria free and even drunk. Bonus: Will kill any chance of intestinal seedlings and/ or return to your mouth for double the cleanliness .
- Shit hole – Take a baguette and break it in half. Use the round, non-crusty end, to insert into said orifice. You know you’re clean when the baguette resembles Catalan bread. Or bruschetta.
- Sex hole (females) – Go to the nearest supermarket and buy an entire stock of femfresh wash. Wash all up in there, turn your shower head on jet mode and spray the heck outta it. Might even be a bit pleasurable, enjoy.
These are only a slight exaggeration…There is going to be a lot of tomato to scrub off.
If you think about it…:
130 tonnes of tomatoes
X (at least 6) orifices
= 1 metric fuck ton of potential tomato orifice infiltration
Laugh about it now, Stokies. But you’re probably going to want to bookmark this URL. Just in case.
La Tomatina 2020 has been cancelled due to to COVID-19. Plan your 2021 La Tomatina tour with a risk-free €1 deposit. Throw tomatoes in coronavirus’ face! Obviously at this time…
A helping hand from Stoke to make sure you’re prepared for what this summer has in store. JOSEPHINE RYAN MURPHY Summer really is finally, almost here. Flights have been booked,…
For example – if travelling to a hot climate, invest in a heavy pair of denim overalls, because there’s no better way to impress new friends and keep your temperament down then by sweating more than a nun at a cucumber stall.
Oi, Oi Stokies! We hear you’re planning on going on a Stoke Travel festival, eh? Damn good choice we say. But how are you going to get there? Well, we…
Always wanted to try something a little foreign and never known how? Our tips will get you well on your sweet-talkin’ way. So you’ve just hit the Spanish leg of…
Editor’s note: Ryan “The Chosen One” Whitaker just finished up his three months embedded with Stoke Travel, seeing a summer from the perspective of both a traveller and a volunteer….
Some last minute things to check off before summer disappears JOSEPHINE RYAN MURPHY It may be hard to come to terms with, but Europe’s summer is actually coming to an…
A sneak peak into each stop on Stoke Travel’s European Bus Tour ‘The Rolling Circus’ Q: What do you get when you mix a New Zealand rock band, a red…
If you’re anything like us you probably left your La Tomatina booking to the last minute. Like, literally the day before the festival. You probably frantically looked up train tickets…
Something about a bunch of drunk tourists running havoc on a small Spanish town and marring a years-old tradition with their overuse of waterproof cameras just made me cringe…
Forget “La Tomatina” and “San Fermin” (Running of the Bulls), here are 5 Spanish fiesta’s you probably didn’t know existed – but that you must visit during your time on earth.